jeudi 10 juin 2010

Larry Wiese





















Sans-titre, Long Beach, CA, 2005. Image de la série "Menschen"

"My photography doesn’t define what I do, rather it defines how I think. My work has been characterized as dark, gothic, moody and somewhere along the line as "neo-pictorialist". Someone once remarked that to understand my work was to understand the differences between Vivaldi and Wagner. What my work "is" or where it "fits in" doesn’t really concern me.


Sans-titre, Santa Monica, 2008. Image de la série "Mask"

"My photographs are metaphorical, they are from my imagination. They reflect the way I see and feel about those things which arouse my curiosity and imagination. Each of you may see and feel something different, this is as it should be. I feel there’s little value in "art-speak", self-indulgent analysis or pseudo-intellectual rhetoric. Venturing beyond the mere emotion of seeing and feeling, and attempting to understand what was intended or meant to be or is or isn’t, is irrelevant, it is the viewer who, after all, makes the final determination of meaning."




Sans-titre, Seal Beach, 2007. Image de la série "Recall"
D'autres images sur son site

Aucun commentaire: